All the Nags from 2012
- Painkiller overdose deaths top those from heroin and cocaine
- Short vs long articles online: which are better?
- Why I’d never make it as a Japanese mother
- Should we stop calling it prostate “cancer”?
- “Fotoshop by Adobé” – all you need to look like a supermodel
- “Never Liked It Anyway”: online garage sale meets self-help aisle
- Miss Representation: how women are portrayed in the media
- Waiter’s phony $10 tip includes a religious lesson
- Yogurt: what else could a woman possibly need?
- Is medicine “just plumbing with more expensive tools?”
- FDA panel that approved Yaz and Yasmin had ties with industry
- What’s in a (paint chip) name? ‘Romance’ or ‘Duct Tape Light’
- Big Pharma, are you ready for your close-up?
- Men in film: the morphing movie star face
- How marketers target your children with treats
- How much sugar is in that can of Coke?
- The New Therapeutics: 10 Commandments
- How many of these 20 advertising slogans can you complete?
- “Substantially Unsafe”: 30 disturbing facts about medical devices
- More vintage ads we’re not likely to ever see again
- The myth of osteoporosis: blowing the whistle on the “epidemic”
- Seven diseases Big Pharma hopes you get in 2012
- Doctors behaving badly online: how stupidity can cause trouble
- Why men buy, but women shop
- Warning, doctors: it’s the age of the ‘Super Loss’ malpractice suit
- The Hummer House
- Is your life as awesome as you pretend it is on Facebook?
- The alcohol industry’s “alcopop” strategy hooks underage drinkers
- Why do doctors call it “practice variation” instead of poor care?
- Texting shortcuts for Boomers
- The cardiac polypill: why are we still talking about this?
- Dr. Sherry Turkle: “I share, therefore I am”
- Who’s running the show in industry-sponsored drug trials?
- The Quantified Self meets The Urban Datasexual
- Handy hints for getting along with your drug company
- Should you take anti-depressants – and if so, which one?
- Anti-gay? Anti-Jew? Anti-Muslim? It’s those atheists we trust least
- The mob mentality revisited
- Absolute risk, relative risk – and red meat
- Today’s random medical news: “___ can cause ___ in ___”
- Why certainty of punishment is the best crime deterrent
- When the stigma of a disease makes its diagnosis even worse
- “I’m not a real doctor – but I play one on drug ads”
- How to Tell What The Weather’s Like Today
- Penn State’s PR train wreck
- Big Tobacco’s lessons for Big Food
- Selling Cinderella to our daughters
- And more vintage ads we’ll never see again
- The mental health perils of travelling abroad
- What fruits would say if they were human
- More myths about the Olympic Games
- A philosopher’s take on Big Pharma marketing
- When the cover-up is almost as despicable as the crime
- Drug company uses movie promotion to target your kids
- “McStatins” with your burger and fries?
- Deceptive drug ads on TV
- Big Pharma’s powerful powers of persuasion
- 8 health foods that aren’t healthy
- Diet Coke: the world’s “liquid crack of choice”
- Medical quackery revisited
- Farewell to a beloved old friend
- The Ethical Nag celebrates our third anniversary!
- Martian report: “There is life on earth!”
- The Catholic hierarchy: a safe haven for predator priests
- “Best book I’ve ever read!” Rave reviews for sale
- What did Jesus drive?
- Defiant tanning industry attacks doctors’ warnings
- Medical journals: “information-laundering for Big Pharma”?
- How drug companies get the clinical trial results they want
- The tarnished reputation of university research
- 10 tips: Social Media Highway Code for doctors
- And even more vintage ads we’ll never see again
- Has industry co-opted patient engagement?
- When doctors don’t want to practice medicine
- How the Gartner Hype Cycle is like marriage
- Surgeons make millions on Medtronic payroll
- The missing link in chronic disease care
- Guess which smartphone your doctor carries?
- Aspartame is bad – ooops! Never mind!
- Why patients hate the C-word
- Smartphones make Top 10 Health Tech Hazards list
- Buy Nothing Day: Can you stop buying for just one day?
- The ads of Dr. Seuss: Horton Hatches An Ad
- What’s a “paraprosdokian”?
- Texting at funerals
- How we get persuaded to do stuff we don’t even want to do
- Top 10 Nags of 2012 from The Ethical Nag
Return to this year’s Nags, or
Visit the dark, dank, scary archives of all Ethical Nag posts: