All the Nags from 2013
- How other doctors (but not you of course!) are influenced by Big Pharma
- Does knowing change behaving?
- Avandia: a very short history of a very bad drug
- Public humiliation as self-tracking motivation
- When does mindfulness become mind-numbing?
- “Heads they win, tails we lose”: the corruption of science
- Self-tracking tech revolution? Not so fast. . .
- The three triggers that can change behavior
- My farewell letter to the Pope
- PhD in analyzing text messages. Seriously.
- Patients as Partners, or Patients as Tokens?
- Digital temptations: “Quantifying, tracking or gamifying everything”
- “If you’re clueless and you know it . . . ”
- Branded content: advertising dressed up in a thin disguise?
- An open letter to mobile health app developers and their funders – Jessie Gruman
- Ethicists demand external, independent investigation of Dan Markingson’s death
- Should doctors use their real names on social media?
- “Punytive” damages: the biggest corporate fines ever
- The breast/uterine cancer study with no women invited
- Want a safer O.R? Shut the !@#& up!
- Dr. Harriet Hall on the rise of the anti-scientific left
- Can self-tracking drive you crazy?
- “Fewer numbers, more life experiences”
- Molière’s 17th century take on physicians
- Why 74% of smartphone apps are dropped by the 10th use
- What if everything worked like health care?
- How one thin dime can trash a reputation
- When patients barter for health care
- Big Pharma targets Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- The Google Glass hypefest: “Look at me! Look at me!”
- Ad-proofing tips from The Ad Guy
- The rule of seven touches
- “OMG! I forgot my phone!”
- Airline advertising vs real life travel
- Key Opinion Leaders in medicine are paid to have an opinion
- How to make mediocre coffee that’s expensive and wasteful
- The selling of yoga
- PR 101, in which we ask: “What were they thinking?”
- The public relations minefield that is Big Pharma
- Vintage ads for doctor-recommended smokes
- Infographics: have we gone too far?
- Can statins prevent my head from exploding?
- Statin guidelines we love to hate – and the docs who write them
- Survivorship bias: when we focus only on success
- Revisiting data porn: your digital footprint in real life
- First, the Quantified Self. Now, the Over-Quantified Self.
- The Quantified Selfer’s Christmas form letter
- “Vintage Christmas ads we’ll likely never see again”
- If December 25th is your birthday . . .
- How to be just as annoying without Google Glass
- Top 10 Nags of 2013 from The Ethical Nag
Visit the dark, dank, scary archives of Ethical Nag posts: