I’m so old that my grown children had to actually explain texting to me when I got my new cellphone. As a longtime writer, my keyboard speed is impressive, but as a texter, I’m dismally slow with my thumbs. For any of you Boomers who share this challenge, here are a few shortcuts to help boost your texting speed:
NSR = Need some roughage
TXT L8R = Can’t find reading glasses
WWIS = What was I saying?
M = Margaritaville
WSWS = Wearing socks with sandals
GOTMG = Going out to mulch garden
NPR = Sleep aid; no prescription required
]CVG[ = Stuck in Conversational Vise-Grip
Brrr = Wearing socks to bed
- Why You Should Put That Damned Phone Away
- News Flash: Smartphone Users Obsessively Check Their Devices
- “Distracted Doctoring” – Updating Your Facebook Status in the O.R.
- Why Narcissists Love Facebook
- Why Some People Should Avoid Social Media Completely